Welcome to The Amphibious Warfare blog, the place for you who can't decide whether you prefer mud to salty seas or vice versa. Here you'll find books, films, model kits and a few other things that are related to the world of amphibious warfare, many times from a modellers point of view. Do not hesitate to comment or give me a hint if you miss something here. Please do not expect this blog to get updated every day.

/Stellan

23.5.12

On the bench; LCM 3, Operation Torch 1942, part 8



















I thought I was too tired to work on my Torch project tonight but I did well anyway. Put a coat of Vallejo olive drab all over the truck, inside and out. After that I picked all bags out in different shades of olive greens. Added a bit of tan and yellow sand as I went in order to break up the load's uniformity.



















Of course I had to test the truck in the cargo hold to see how the colours went with the landing craft's white and dark grey. Just perfect! Now all is about wrapping the whole thing up. In this photo you can see the little handles I made yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment