Welcome to The Amphibious Warfare blog, the place for you who can't decide whether you prefer mud to salty seas or vice versa. Here you'll find books, films, model kits and a few other things that are related to the world of amphibious warfare, many times from a modellers point of view. Do not hesitate to comment or give me a hint if you miss something here. Please do not expect this blog to get updated every day.

/Stellan

17.8.12

A Magazine; Military in Scale, April 1996

























I keep on finding this weird vehicle called Alvis Stalwart. It's everywhere, you can't miss it once you know what to look for. Till this year I have not had much fondness for the six-wheeled wonder but I'm changing my heart. Can we now have a main stream model kit of it, please? Trumpeter isn't afraid of weird things but I guess they would probably mess it up. AFV Club did the Scimitar so they're used to odd British vehicles... Never mind, I have enough to do at my build table anyway. The Military in Scale April issue of 1996 shows how to assemble and paint a Dartmoor Models kit in 1/35. John Davis was the man who tackled the full resin and white metal kit. Watch and learn!






















The following four pages is on the history and use of the Stalwart.



No comments:

Post a Comment